Sad to hear today about the passing of writer Harry Harrison whose “Stainless Steel Rat” novels brightened up many a dreary day when I was a teenager. As well as his often satirical sci-fi novels, Harrison also provided the inspiration for the classic Charlton Heston movie “Soylent Green” which if you don’t know is made from …well I won’t spoil it for you if you haven’t seen it.
A full obituary courtesy of The Guardian can be found here.
- RIP, Harry Harrison (boingboing.net)
- Harry Harrison, 1925-2012 (tor.com)
- Books: Newswire: R.I.P. Harry Harrison, science-fiction author behind The Stainless Steel Rat and Soylent Green (avclub.com)
- R.I.P. Harry Harrison, creator of the Stainless Steel Rat, Bill the Galactic Hero, and Soylent Green [Obituary] (io9.com)
- RIP, Harry Harrison (whatever.scalzi.com)
- Stainless Steel Rat author Harry Harrison dies at 87 (panarmenian.net)
- Harry Harrison – RIP (mfennwrites.wordpress.com)
- Death of Harry Harrison, science fiction author, aged 87 (guardian.co.uk)
- Harry Harrison dies at 87 (english.ruvr.ru)
- R.I.P. Writer Harry Harrison (mikecanex.wordpress.com)