Not so good this week – I appear to be falling to pieces! After making good progress over the first three weeks I’ve been at the doctor’s on Monday with pain in my shoulders coupled with pins and needles. Not enough to stop running but uncomfortable. More serious is my left knee which seems determined to crap out on me. I either have a case of “runner’s knee” or a problem with my iliotibial band (bit down the side of your knee) all I know is that I’m limping by the turn of a mile every run I do so it would seem advisable to rest up for this week – no more running, support bandage on and liberal use of ice packs. To be honest it was playing up a bit before now but I thought cutting my miles back a bit and wearing a support would be enough to see it off. It feels wrong to be taking a week off right in the middle of my training schedule but better that than do myself some real damage and miss the race completely!
- 10K training week three (billrobertson55.wordpress.com)
- Couch to 5K – The new workout regimen that’s cheap, easy and totally inspiring (theinsider.retailmenot.com)
- Running 101: A 10K Training Plan For Beginners (livestrong.com)
- How to Train the Week of a 10K (livestrong.com)
- Running 10k races as half marathon prep… (runjunky.wordpress.com)